If you opted into creating a Crowdrise page this year then here are some instructions and tips on creating your profile.
How to personalize your page
- Login to your CrowdRise and head to your fundraiser page.
- Click on the EDIT FUNDRAISER tab.
- Add a compelling story in the BASIC INFO section.
- Add up to 12 photos and 1 YouTube or Vimeo video in the VIDEO & PICS section.
- Be sure to click SAVE.
Here's some other tips to make your fundraiser awesome....
- You should add some text and pics to your profile page. By adding more text and photos, donors may be able to better connect with you and your cause and be more likely to support you.
- If you haven’t already, email everyone you know and ask 'em to DONATE. We make it super easy to get the message out via email, Twitter, Facebook, or all three.
- When you email everyone you can include something about our Best Promos Ever. That way, your donors can not only give to a really amazing cause, but they could also win something awesome by donating a specific amount to your project. We do all of the promo admin so it's super easy for you.
- Spend lots of time trying to think of creative ways to get people involved with your campaign. For example, Jackie is a supporter of an organization called 50G. She wanted to raise a whole bunch of money and really help their organization make an impact. So, she decided to take a sobriety vow until she raised $8k and put together a compelling and witty email to send to all of her friends and family. Jackie ended up raising over $9.5k in less than 2 weeks. Check it out: http://www.crowdrise.com/50G/fundraiser/50G-OffWagon
- Lastly, after you get people to donate, reach out to 'em again and ask them to click the 'JOIN THE TEAM'link on your page which will give 'em their own fundraising page so they too can help raise money for your cause. You and your donors receive CrowdRise Impact Points for donating and raising money. CIPs are redeemable for awesome stuff which means you should get lots and lots of 'em. When you're bored, please Click Here to check it out.